One of my favorite things about time away from school is time to THINK. My brain is always in a whirl of thoughts, but not often do I have time to process those thoughts. Something that has been in the forefront of my brain of late is the adoption. It seems like it is taking much longer than had I anticipated to get all the paperwork finished and the homestudy complete and documents gathered. It seems like everytime I would get all my stuff ready for the next step, then the agency wasn't ready and it was a waiting game. Then when the agency needs something from me, I am on vacation and unable to get stuff to them. When I finally am able to get them what they need, they are on vacation. Some things were taking months when I was expecting the wait time to be weeks (or even days in some cases). Several times, we have gotten documents ready, only to discover that it was incorrect for some reason. All of these things were on my mind as I was reading this...
In the biography Mission to the Headhunters, the missionaries were trying to build a hydro plant (yes, in the jungle!). They had picked seemingly the perfect location. They needed to dig until they found bedrock. The hole had to be 25 feet deep to have a strong foundation. They HAD to hit bedrock before 25 ft. This process took several days and as the days passed, the more anxious the missionaries became about hitting the bedrock. They finally had only 3 feet left to dig (before they reached the 25 ft mark)... They still had not hit bedrock. Then only 2 ft....Then only 1 ft. Then finally they hit bedrock with only 6 inches to go! Read the author's words:
"It was hard to believe that the bedrock had been there all along right where we needed it. God must have done this on purpose for us.... Hundreds of years ago...the hydro site must have been a river bed.... During big floods the wild powerful waters rolled huge bolders downstream, wearing the bedrock down to its present level. God knew where we were going to build this plant and prepared the way for us. What an awesome God!"
I am moved by this. Not only did God have it all worked out, He had it all worked out PERFECTLY. Exactly what they needed. I often forget that God has it all worked out perfectly for my life. He has had things in place for this adoption even before I knew the word adoption. His plan is perfect and His timing is perfect and that's why He gets the glory! I pray that I will be patient in waiting for God's perfect timing. In all things.
Source: Drown, Frank and Marie. Mission to the Headhunters.
Thanks for sharing these encouraging words! Just what I needed to hear today. Praying for your adoption. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved that book so much. What a great time for you to be reading it!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome... thanks so much for sharing, I needed that reminder!
ReplyDelete