(October 5th, 2010)
After I decided not to go back to work this past fall, I started trying to find a way to supplement Tony's income. A babysitting job just fell in my lap (well, really God put it there, I'm sure). I was able to watch these precious kiddos a couple of days a week and make a little extra money. The girl is 4 and the boy is 6. They both were great kids and Eliah LOVED them and they LOVED Eliah (especially the boy). We had such fun going on picnics, going for walks, making forts in their house, pretending to be dogs, or star wars characters (is it star wars that has Luke and the Princess?). I usually got to their house just before they woke up so we all got to have breakfast together and I got to try my hand at getting two kids ready and off to school without being tardy! My favorite thing was seeing what the 4 year old wanted to wear each day. A dress with pants underneath, two different socks, a princess dress, a cheer-leading costume, shirts that didn't even come close to matching pants... And even if her clothes did end up matching, her hair bows never did! This particular day, she wanted "bonks" in her hair. Well, silly me... I had no idea what bonks were! It took several minutes to figure out that she wanted hair like the Princess from Star Wars, then much longer to do my best at making bonks! I tried everything and she was finally satisfied with the result you see in the pictures below. All this, while trying to get the VERY slow (at getting ready) 6 year old to put on his shoes and brush his teeth and scrub his kool-aid mustache!
I am very thankful that God gave us this little job. I really enjoyed these kiddos! (I stopped watching them about mid-October when I took the other nanny job.)
No comments:
Post a Comment