Monday morning, after a time of fits and anger and hurt between me and my daughter, I walked over to where she was sitting and reached out to hold her hand. As her little hand rested in mine, I said, "I just want you to know..." As I said this, in the midst of her hurt and anger, she turned her head away from me, expecting a lecture I'm sure. So I started again, "I just want you to know that I adore you." Her little face changed in an instant. She got the biggest smile on her face. Our ugly misunderstanding was over, and she knew she was loved no less than when it begin.
Oh, how this spoke to my heart. Is this not how our God is to us? When we are angry, hurt and just out of line, he continues in his steadfast love for us because of Christ.
"How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give his only son
To make a wretch His treasure"
Thankful for reconciliation with a just God and thankful for reconciliation with my daughter.
I love this. I'm taking notes. :)
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for a daughter who loves God and loves her children thru His love! Thank you for sharing your heart.
ReplyDeleteI love you JEnn!