Friday, September 10, 2010

Washing Dishes

Eliah likes to help me wash dishes. I will pull one of our dining room chairs over to the sink and she'll stand beside me and mostly play with the soap suds. I love that she loves "helping" me...

This morning, I was getting the sink ready for the dishes--moving things around, filling the sink with water--and I heard the chair sliding across the floor. I didn't pay much attention, since Eliah often moves the chair over to the sink herself, but then it got quiet. I still didn't turn around. I just figured she was waiting on me to get her into place beside me. I finished what I was doing and turned around to get Eliah. When I turned, I saw a HUGE grin on the face of my precious girl who was STANDING on the chair in the middle of the floor! She was SO proud that she had gotten up there all by herself and was ready to do the dishes! Scary, but hilarious! I just laughed and scooted her over so she could help me.

The rest of the story is that she likes to get her spoons that we are washing and move the suds from one side of the sink to the other... or from the sink to a bowl or cup... or from the sink to her MOUTH! She'll fill her mouth with suds and then grin at me while the suds are squishing out of her mouth. I must also mention that after a few minutes, she is soaked and I am out of patience! :) But is sure does make for some funny stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment