Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And then there was Taylorsville...

Good-bye, city life.... Hello again, small town!

Our little family has packed up and moved to Taylorsville. My precious husband got a job as a "part time" youth minister in a small town just outside of Louisville. And I do mean small town. And I'm from a small town. This town makes Franklin, NC, look like a big city! :) There's not even a Wal-Mart in this entire COUNTY!

Enter Plum Creek Baptist Church. Our new family! An established country church. Precious. Welcoming! With a youth group of about 15-20 and growing. We are so thankful to be here. What a great opportunity for Tony! We obviously spend time hanging out with and teaching the youth, but Tony also gets to take over the pulpit from time to time. The families have been nothing but supportive. The kids are great (even the "bad" ones)!  


 (This girl is Eliah's favorite new friend!)


Adjusting to life in Taylorsville has been tough, but is getting easier.  Back in Louisville, I had gotten so used to LOTS of moms of littles to hang out with within a few miles of us.  I had gotten used to Target and Kroger and Chick Fil A being 5 minutes from my house.  I had gotten used to having GREAT next door neighbors to chat with over the fence.  Here in Taylorsville, I'm struggling to find moms with littles who aren't super busy with work!  I have to seriously plan my shopping outings.  Chick Fil A now has to be part of a plan, rather that just a quick stop on the way home.  And we (and our neighbors) have to venture a little bit further to chat across the fence--its happened a total of once since we've been here.

But it has grown on me.  The landscape is beautiful out here.  Louisville doesn't hold a candle to it.  I'd forgotten how much creation speaks to me of God's GREAT power and overall awesomeness! 

Our new friends at church are wonderful!  We're looking forward to getting to know them better.  We've been showered with so many vegetables and invitations to Sunday lunch that its hard to keep up!  And, on top of all of that, we get to hang out with teenagers!!!  :) 

We are thankful to be here.  So what if I have to now drive a whole quarter of a mile to get to a park instead of walking to the end of the road.  Who cares that we can't run to Target on a rainy day.  We're pretty content here.  Praise the Lord for his goodness!

1 comment:

  1. an exciting new adventure! looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete