Monday, November 21, 2011

Bringing Joel Home--Travel Time

On Wednesday morning, November 9, we got the email that Joel's case had cleared Embassy.  After lots of jumping up and down and calling all our family and laughing and crying, we had only a few days to get our trip set up.   Patti and Liz came on Friday to pick up Eliah.  And Hollie, Miguel and Miriam took us to the airport in Cincinnati on Saturday morning.  Our flight left around 2pm on Saturday afternoon.  We landed in DC around 4pm and Tony and I got a little date night!  We went to dinner and watched a movie and stayed the night in DC.  On Sunday morning, we headed to the airport for our flight to Ethiopia!!!

DC Airport


Our Plane



The LONG flight (twelve hours, I think)







2 comments:

  1. If you took pics on the trip (or since bringing Joel home) I'd LOVE to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to hear more! SO SO happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete