Yesterday morning, when Tony got up to get ready for work, he checked our email to see if we had heard anything from Ethiopia. Nothing. I casually said, "We probably won't hear anything today then, since its already late afternoon there." After Tony left for work, I checked the email again, just in case. And there it was. "Sutton Family, Cleared Case." I could hardly breathe. I opened the email and jumped up to find my phone to call Tony all the while shouting with JOY and jumping up and down! Eliah was jumping too and laughing at her silly mommy.
I finally got Tony on the phone and I could hardly get the words out! JOEL IS COMING HOME! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
The Embassy had told us they were going to do a full field investigation, then last Thursday, they said they might not have to do a full investigation. We thought they would probably end up doing some other sort of investigation. We were hopeful for good news, but after all the ups and downs of this adoption, we were kinda expecting another delay.
BUT praise the Lord! No more delays! No more frustration over not understanding why our case is taking so long. Not understanding why God didn't just move things on. No more missing out on our Little Man's milestones. No more wondering how he is or what he's doing or what he's like. NO MORE WAITING!
When we go pick Joel up from the Transition House on Monday morning, there will be no going back. We will not have to hand him back to the nanny and walk away from his sweet face. We get to keep him and bring him here and love on him and KNOW him.
What a precious gift to have just before Thanksgiving. Thank you, Jesus.
I'm crying reading this! God is so good!!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePraise Jesus, praying for safe travels!!!
ReplyDelete