Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Musings.

I am so excited about the holidays this year.

Today is my mom’s birthday.  In my mind, I was wondering what we did for her last year for her birthday, and I couldn’t remember anything.  I couldn’t remember singing “Happy Birthday” to her, or making her a card with Eliah, or anything… And then I remembered!!!

On November 14, 2011, we were picking Joel at the transition house.  No wonder I don’t remember my mom’s birthday.  We had other things going on! 

So Happy Birthday, Mom!!!  Glad you could hear both of my children’s voices saying happy birthday to you this morning!

Dec 25, 2011 143

We’ve gone from this:

IMG_1536

To this:

October 30, 2012 087

In a year.  Praise the Lord.

Last year at the start of the holidays, we were adjusting to a brand new fella and he was adjusting to us.  Last year, Joel couldn’t speak, couldn’t walk, couldn’t crawl, and didn’t know that we loved him.  Last year, we didn’t know what he would like at Christmas. 

This year, I am so excited about the holidays.  We’re not adjusting, we’re just enjoying.

With much thankfulness. 

1 comment: