Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beanbag Chair

One of Eliah's favorite places to be is in her room sitting on her beanbag chair. When it gets quiet in the house, I can usually find her sitting here with her baby reading a book. I think she feels like such a big girl when she can sit in her own seat! And every time I go in there to peek at her, she sees me and gives me the biggest grin ever... I only wish I knew what was going on in her mind as she sits in there with her baby.
I am so thankful that God has let me experience the joy of having this precious girl in my life! Almost every day, I have a teary moment because of how thankful I am that God graciously gave me this child... and a wonderful husband...and a supportive family...and a million other things! Each time I look at these pictures, my first thought is "God is so good to me." Which brings to mind a song that my Nanny used to sing a lot..

Now, I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes, they're not new
I don't have much money, but, Lord, I have You
And to me, that's all that matters, though the world may not see
Thank you, Lord, for Your blessings on me.
There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
Food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love, Lord
And a fine family
Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me.
















4 comments:

  1. I love it. Praise the Lord for His good gifts to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog, and what a precious blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, I love love love love love all the new pictures! Her little painted toes are just too sweet. And love the pictures of the two of you together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You brought tears to my eyes

    ReplyDelete