Saturday, May 14, 2011

Disappearing Act

As my little girl gets more proficient with her vocabulary, a few things are disappearing and I am nothing but SAD about it!


1). For as long as I can remember, Eliah has always answered in the affirmative with a head nod and the word "um."
Do you want to have some milk? "Um."
Would you like to go to the park? "Um."
Did you find your baby? "Um."
Well, now her "um" has been replaced by "yeah". It helps soften the blow that the way she says "yeah" is the cutest thing I've ever heard... almost two syllables and almost always spoken with a hint of desperation that slightly resembles a whine. As precious as her "yeah" is, it is representative of passing time. And that makes me sad.


2). The second thing that is disappearing is her growl! She is the best growler ever! When looking for her bear at night before bed, instead of asking for her bear, she growls. And it is beyond cute! When she is sad, she growls because she wants her bear. She'll walk around the house growling until she finds her bear. Well, lately, the growl has been replaced by the actual word "bear." We are mourning the loss of the growl, but, again, the replacement is precious in itself. When she says "bear," it comes out of her North Carolina bred and Kentucky raised mouth as "burr." Adorable!


Along those lines, there are a few more words in her vocabulary that make me smile. Hair is spoken as "hurr", and chair is "churr." I often hear "Mama, fix hurr." I'm not sure if our girl is country or ghetto! Either way I LOVE her words and I love HER and I love her "hurr, burr, churr!"

3 comments:

  1. Jenn, she's looking so "big girl!" Losing that baby look too. How precious she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! She is precious and you're such a good mama! I can just picture her growling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so sad to watch the baby disappear but so exciting to watch the big girl develop! I can't help but be amazed at the miracle Eliah IS. Thank you Jesus for your hand in our little girl's life.

    ReplyDelete