Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!


Thankful for my mom who loves me despite my flaws.

Thankful for my mom-in-law who gave me Tony and loves me as her own.

Thankful for my two beautiful children! I'm pretty sure they're they most amazing kids in the world!

Some great things about being a mom:
...you laugh until you cry at your toddlers antics.
...your silliest face and silliest noises get the loudest laughs.
...you understand God's love for you in a different way.
...your love for your children pushes you to be nothing but dependent on God.
...you get to hear baby jabbering.
...you get BIG hugs and LOTS of kisses at night time.

And a few hard things about being a mom:
...your child lives across the ocean.
...your sin shows up in your interaction with your child.
...your patience allotment for the day is used up before 10am.
...your child imitates your bad traits.
...you see your failures.

I am more than grateful for God giving me two little ones who call (or will call) me "Mama." I will take all the hard things and hope that they help change me into the woman and mom God has called me to be. I will take all the great things and hold them close to my heart that I may never forget the gifts that God has given me in my precious children!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Jenn. I follow your blog and I am pretty sure that I have COMPLETELY missed the arrival of Joel. How long has he been home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's day!!! Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Joel's not home yet.... (which is why I can't post his handsome face). I think you'll probably hear my shouting from the rooftop all the way in Franklin when he gets here! :) I am especially wishing he was here today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think you had any flaws!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to YOU! You are such a sweet, beautiful example of a mama loving her babies. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So blessed to call you mine! Hope your mothers day was wonderful! I love you big and lots!

    ReplyDelete