We landed safely in Amsterdam (which is 6 hours ahead of us here) around 7am and had a few hours lay over. We bought a big water (flying makes you so very thirsty), got our tickets changed over, and walked around the airport.

When it came time to get ready to board our plane, I realized that they expected us to ride in this plane... which to me looks like a small building. Scary! Tony assured me that the bigger planes are even smoother than the smaller ones, so I decided that I actually would continue on our trip. :)


We landed in Nairobi, Kenya, around 9:30pm (they are 8 hours ahead of us) and had a couple of hours to walk around the airport there. It was the strangest airport ever. Very quiet, no air conditioning, a bit run down looking.

Notice the big hole in the ceiling...

This is our gate for our flight.

We were one step closer to seeing our little guy! One last flight and we would be in Ethiopia!!!! What a long day of flying.....
I have been in the Nairobi airport several times! I know what you're saying! Can't wait to hear about Ethiopia & Joel!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting to hear about your journey. Please keep the updates coming and know that I'm praying like crazy that you get to bring sweet Joel home soon! We love y'all!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see and hear everything... love you all -- praying for you!
ReplyDelete